The Best SEO & Marketing Tools Ever
This is a curated list of SEO and Marketing tools, maintained by Saijo George. The idea behind this site is that you can find all the tools you would ever need as an SEO or Marketing Consultant, in one spot. If you folks think I have missed something that is really awesome, please do let me know via Twitter or LinkedIN and I will add them in here.
- Beginner's Guide to SEOA fairly detailed starters guide to SEO by Moz, I personally recommend this to any one starting out as an SEO consultant
- Google's SEO GuideAn official Google guide on search engine optimization
- Plato Web Design SEO GuideA very basic guide on SEO, it does not come any simpler than this
- How Search worksThis detailed look in to how search engines work, is something all SEO consultants should look at
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Web PageThis article from HitReach goes in to detail on what makes up a great web page
- How Google Crawls a Web PageGoogle talks about how they discover and crawl new pages
- Webmaster GuidelinesBest practices to help Google find, crawl, and index your site
- Beginner's Guide to Link BuildingWhether you're brand new to link building or have been doing it for a while, you'll find something useful in this guide
- Advance Guide To SEOThe detailed guide by QuickSprout goes in to some of the basic and advance SEO techniques
- Periodic Table Ranking FactorsAn attempt in to demystifying the various ranking factors the Search engies use to rank webpages in SERP by SearchEngineLand
- Internet Marketing GlossaryConfused by all the internet marketing jargons? Keep this list handy
- Google Quality Rating Guideline v5.0This leaked document is used by Google employees to manually review a website's quality. This version (5.0) was was first seen on 31st March 2014
- Microsoft Excel for SEOsFear Excel no more, take this tutorial on using Excel for SEO
- Google Penalty RemovalA very detailed guide on Google penalties and how to tackle them
- Guide to Website Speed OptimizationA six chapter, in-depth website speed optimization guide
- Log File Analysis for SEOTechnical guide to Log File Analysis
- Beginner’s Guide to CROThe Beginner’s Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is an in-depth tutorial designed to help you convert more of your website visitors into customers
- IFTTT Recipes for MarketersLearn how to use IFTTT to scale and automate some of your marketing tasks
- How to Start a Startup
Everything we know about how to start a startup, for free, from some of the world experts
- NibblerFree tool for testing how good your website is, and what you can do to improve it. Check accessibility, SEO, social media, compliance and more
- WooRankPaidWooRank is a popular Website Audit Tool. Run a free Review. Then create an Advanced Review to track and optimize your website
- SEO Site CheckupQuick snapshot of various SEO factors from your site
- Marketing GraderMarketing Grader by HubSpot is a free tool that measures & analyzes all of your marketing efforts & gives actionable advice on how to improve
- SimilarWebSimilarWeb is an Advanced Competitive Intelligence Tool to see any website's traffic sources & uncover their online marketing strategies
- Moz On-Page GraderPaidGet instant insight into things that impact your on-page SEO
- Quick Sproutanother website analyser, you will need to give it access to your Google Analytics
- BrowseoAllows you to view any web page from a Search Engine spider's point of view
- SiteAlertsInstant insights on any website
- Feed The BotExplains each Google webmaster guideline in detail using articles and tools that just about anyone can understand
- Silktide NibblerFree tool for testing how good your website is, and what you can do to improve it. Check accessibility, SEO, social media, compliance and more
- SEO CrawlerA free, fast & flexible SEO website crawler to help identify technical or architectural SEO issues
- NerdyDataNerdyData is a new type of search engine that lets you do complex research on the web, using source code
- Website Penalty IndicatorUsing SEMRush's organic data this tools will show you a graph of your traffic with reference to panda and penguin updates. Easy way to check if a website has been hit with an algo update
- Panguin ToolSee how Google's algorithm updates have impacted your traffic
- Screaming Frog SEO SpiderThe Screaming Frog SEO Spider crawls websites’ links, images, CSS, script and apps from an SEO perspective
- DeepCrawlPaidEnterprise level website crawler that can analyse your website architecture to understand and monitor technical issues to improve SEO performance
- BotifyPaidBotify crawls your website to make you increase traffic and revenue with actionable, reliable and updated data
- Xenu’s Link SleuthWhile the landing page might look like it's a broken page from the 90s, this tool can be quite the lifesaver when you want to do a site audit
- Kimonokimono can turn websites into structured APIs with a few simple click, its great for scraping data from webpages
- Import.ioInstantly Turn Web Pages into Data
- ScrapeBoxPaidScrapeBox the Ultimate Link Harvester, there are a lot of features built in to this little app that makes an SEO's life a little bit easier
- MozBarMoz’s SEO Toolbar for Chrome
- Check My LinksCrawls through your webpage and looks for broken links
- Redirect PathStay on top of rediects and HTTP Header response
- Check My LinksFinds all the broken links on any given page
- AppspectorA great extention to figure out the technologies powering a website
- ScraperHelps you scrape data from a webpage
Deep Site Crawlers
- BuzzStreamPaidCRM for link builders, amongst other things
- VisualPingVisual Website Monitoring, get notified on visual changes of a website or website area
- Page2RSSCheck any web page for updates and delivers them to you via RSS
- CopyscapeCheck for copies of your page on the web
- PlagiumAnother Plagiarism Tracker
- Outdated Content FinderThis tool will help you find content that needs to be updated on the web. Designed to help your outreach efforts.
- SEO Tools for ExcelSeoTools is an Excel add-in that adds a bunch of useful functions for working with SEO and other web metrics directly in Excel
- Rich Snippets Testing ToolThis tool allows you to check if the schema markup on a page is in the right format
- TrelloTrello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards
- LastPassLastPass is a secure way to manage your passwords, so you dont have to remember more than one complex password
- Cached PagesCachedPages fetches the cached page of any URL from several sources
- Built WithFind out what technologies and scripts are powering the website
- Sucuri SiteCheckSucuri SiteCheck scanner will check the website for known malware, blacklisting status, website errors, and out-of-date software
- SSL Server TestThis web app performs a deep analysis of the configuration of your SSL web server
- Localize.jsTranslate your website with one line of code
- PingometerGet notifications when your site goes down
- Headline AnalyzerHeadline analyzer will score your overall headline quality and rate its ability to result in social and organic channels
- Portent Content Idea GeneratorEnter a subject and the web app will throw out some rather intresting tile ideas your way
- Blog Topic GeneratorGet ideas for your next blog post with HubSpot's Blog Topic Generator
- Link Bait Title GeneratorUse this title generator to brainstorm shareable linkbait ideas for your next piece of web content
- Faq FoxFind questions your target demographic is talking about online
- Google Public DataGreat resource to gather data
- Web Technology UsageWeb and Internet Technology Usage Statistics from Built With
- WorldometersLive world statistics on population, government and economics, society and media, environment, food, water, energy, health and more
- SlideshareThis is a great platform to share you powerpoint slides
- ZapierConnect your apps, automate your work.
- If This Then ThatGives you the power to do a bunch of things based on various triggers
- BufferBuffer makes it super easy to share any page you're reading via Twitter, Facebook and G+
- PostcronPostcron offers you an easy way to schedule posts on Facebook,Twitter and Google+
- RafflecopterRafflecopter allows you to create and launch effective giveaway promotions & sweepstakes across your website, blog, and Facebook page
- HeyoPaidHeyo helps you easily create Facebook contests, sweepstakes & mobile-optimized landing pages to help you get more fans, leads and sales
- TweriodTells you when your Twitter followers are active online
- Timing+Timing+ helps you decide when it is the best time to post on Google+
- Build RegExA simple regular expression GUI builder.
- RegExrRegExr is an online tool to learn, build and test Regular Expressions.
- RitetagGet instant color-indication of hashtag strength whenever you tweet
- ContentlyPaidContently helps leading brands build loyal audiences through premium, original content
- ScriptedPaidOrder content such as blog posts, white papers, and product descriptions with Scripted's curated network of freelance writers
- NewsCredPaidSimplify and scale your entire content marketing process
- KapostPaidBuild A Content Operation With Kapost's Marketing Platform
- UnbouncePaidUnbounce lets marketers build high-converting landing pages with ease
- InstapagePaidBuild and A/B Test Landing Pages in Minutes with Instapage
- CrayonCurated list of marketing landing pages for inspiration
- NickelledPaidCustomer education through interactive guides.
- InlineManualInline Manual allows you to easily create walkthroughs, on-boarding guides and managable product documentation
- HopscotchHopscotch is a framework to make it easy for developers to add product tours to their pages
- Bootstrap TourThe easiest way to show people how to use your Bootstrap website
- WalkMeEnterprise guidance and engagement platform that guides your users, employees and customers every step of the way.
- AppcuesPaidCreate personalized user onboarding flows without changing any code that will improve your product's adoption and retention rates.
- Tour My AppPaidCreate in-application tutorials that guide your users as they use your web application
- MailChimpMailChimp is a great way to design, send, and share email newsletters
- LitmusPaidLitmus tests and tracks your email campaigns, so you can always put your best design forward
- AWeberPaidEmail marketing and autoresponder software
- MailinatorUse and throw emails
- MailDudeAnother use and throw email service
- Targeted.ioTest your email designs across 40 email clients before you send them
- BoomerangFor the gmail power users who likes to schedule emails to be sent later or set up email reminders
- SignupSumoGet notified when VIPs signup to your email list
- Inky's InlinerBring your email styles inline
- MailLiftHandwritten Letter Service for Sales Professionals
- MotionMailCountdown timers for your email
- EmailHunterGive a domain name and get the list of all the emails related to it found on the internet
- HTML Email DesignsBeautiful emails to help inspire your next email design
- StreakManage customers directly inside gmail. Turns Gmail to a CRM.
- SidekickGives you contact insights, email tracking, and email scheduling in gmail.
- RebumpRebump sends friendly follow-up messages to your email recipients for you. These automated emails are customized to appear as if you sent the email yourself.
- FullContactKnow everything about your Gmail contacts, right from your inbox
- RapportiveRapportive shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox, it's a must have if you often outreach via gmail
- Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics gives you detailed statistics about your website's traffic and traffic sources
- Google Analytics Configuration ToolEasily setup and configure Google Universal Analytics for your advanced tracking needs
- PiwikPiwik is an open source web analytics platform that gives you valuable insights into your website’s visitors
- StatCounterOffers basic anaytics data for free as long as you less than 250,000 pageloads a month
- WebtrendsPaidEnterpise level analytics package
- KISSmetricsPaidKISSmetrics is a revolutionary person-based analytics platform for your whole team. Get product, sales, marketing, customer support working together to improve the metrics that matter.
- ClickyClicky Web Analytics is a simple way to monitor, analyze, and react to your blog or web site's traffic in real time.
- Crazy EggCrazy Egg offers you heat map and scroll map reports so that you can get an understanding of how your visitors engage with your website
- Heap AnalyticsHeap is web and mobile analytics that automatically captures everything. You can analyze data instantly and retroactively
- Segment.ioSegment.io offers an easy way for developers to integrate the APIs from multiple analytics providers into their own applications
- Intercom ObserveSee who your customers are and what they do in your product, in real-time.
- BuzzSumoAnalyze what content performs best for any topic or competitor
- Uprise.ioQuickly find and analyse the best content and publishers in your vertical
- Social CrawlyticsIdentify the influencers and your competitor's most shared content and find out who shared their content.
- TopsyTopsy Social Media Analytics allow you to search by time & place, set alerts, and analyze sentiment for every tweet ever made
- SocialRankFind your most influential and engaged followers on Twitter
- Tagboarduses hashtags to search for and collect public social media within seconds of being posted to networks like Twitter and Facebook
- FollowerwonkFollowerwonk is a Twitter analytics tool by Moz that lets you search and analyze twittertrends and influencers
- Shared CountTrack URL shares, likes, tweets, and etc
- ShareTallyShare Tally is a free tool that gives you social sharing data from tons of different social networks
- Google RippleRipples is a data visualisation graph built-in to Google+, you can visually see lot of intresting stats about a URL
- PicStatsget analytics data from any Instagram account
- Keyword ToolGives you keyword suggestion based on Google auto suggest
- Google Keyword PlannerPaidIs a part of Google Adwords and gives you a lot of keyword data like search volume, difficulty score, etc
- Google TrendsLet you see keywords that are trending, and you can also see the performance of keywords over time
- WordstreamOffers a bunch of different tools like Keyword Niche Finder, Keyword Grouper and more
- SERP Keyword ToolGet keyword ideas from Google Suggest, Bing Suggest, YouTube & Yahoo along with estimated keyword volumes and cost per click data
- WordTrackerPaidAn easy way to look at high performing keywords in your niche
- SEMRushPaidGet detailed keyword data on your competitor's organic and PPC campaigns
- Moz Keyword DifficultyPaidFind out how difficult it is to rank for specific keywords based on the top 10 competitor sites that currently rank for them
- Keyword EyeKeyword Eye is a suite of visual keyword, content and competitor research tools to help with your PPC and SEO campaigns
- MozThe Moz inbound marketing blog provides tips, tricks and advice for search, social and content marketing
- Search Engine LandSearch Engine Land is the go to place for all information about search engine marketing and optimization
- SEO by the SeaSEO by the Sea explores search engine patents and white papers
- Search Engine WatchSEW covers all marketing topics like SEM, SEO, PPC & Social Media and much more
- Search Engine RoundtableSearch Engine Roundtable reports on the most interesting threads taking place at the various SEM forums
- HAROHelp A Reporter connects news sources with journalists looking for their expertise
- PRMatchThe all-in-one media relations platform
- ResponseSourcePaidResponseSource gives journalists fast access to reliable sources of information, providing regular leads to PRs and organisations that want media coverage
- Muck RackPaidMuck Rack is where journalists and sources connect. Find, follow and send spam-free pitches to journalists you need to know
- SourceBottleSourceBottle is a free and easy-to-use connection platform that enables journalists and bloggers to efficiently find knowledgeable sources. Great for Australian / New Zealand website owners.
- Twitter : #PRRequestA twitter hashtag used by journalists
- Twitter : #JournoRequestAnother twitter hashtag used by journalists
- PRLogFree press release distribution service for all businesses
- PRDistribute press releases to reach journalists, attract new customers and gain visibility online
- PR-InsidePR-inside.com is a website for the free submission of public relations distribution, news, and press releases
- i-NewswirePress release distribution improves online visibility and helps you connect with target audiences around the world
- OnlinePRNewsSEO Press Release Distribution Site for SEO and Social Media
- PRNewswirePaidPR Newswire’s news distribution, targeting, monitoring and marketing solutions help you connect and engage with target audiences across the globe
- PRWebPaidPress release distribution helps you create buzz, increase online visibility, and drive website traffic
- BusinessWirePaidA well known press release distribution firm
- MarketWirePaidMarketwired is a social communications leader offering best-in-class news distribution and reporting and state-of-the-art social media monitoring and analytics.
- SMX AdvancedSMX Advanced is the only search marketing conference designed exclusively for experienced internet marketers.
- MozConExpand your knowledge with three days of forward-thinking sessions and networking with the brightest minds in the industry
- BlackHatWorld ConferenceA 3 day event that looks at SEO and Internet Marketing form a perspective that you won't get anywhere else
- SEO MeetupYou could probably find an SEO meetup in a city near you, it's great for meeting fellow SEO consultants in your area
- SearchLove ConferenceDistilled's SearchLove and LinkLove Conferences deliver advanced actionable SEO training from industry leaders
- InboundInbound conference is focused on inbound marketing, that encompasses everything from SEO to social media.
- Conductor C3 ConferenceC3 gathers digital marketers from around the world to work together and share tactics, insight, and ideas in a collaborative environment
- PubconPubcon is a premier new media and optimization conference
- The Growth Hacking ConferenceLearn from the experts who will share the strategies, mindset and tactics you need to go from marketer to growth hacker
- SES ConferenceSES Conference & Expo offers something for online, print and in-person marketers
- Reel Video SummitThe Reel Video Marketing Summit is a conference for brands, digital marketers and content creators who are serious about online video.
- Content Marketing WorldLearn and network with the best and the brightest in the content marketing industry.
- South by Southwest InteractiveSouth by Southwest is a major annual event in Austin, Texas that’s divided into three sections: music, film, and interactive. You can expect to see some of the biggest names in the industry in here
- Amazon Web ServicesPaidAmazon Web Services offers various hosting options
- GitHub PagesFree, reliable hosting for simple sites
- WPEnginePaidThese folks offer Premium Managed WordPress hosting, I use them and they are pretty good
- Media TemplePaidMedia Temple is a website hosting and cloud services provider, which focuses on web designers and developers
- RackspacePaidA well known enterprising hosting provider
- 000webhostThese folks offers capped free hosting
Ads & Promotions
- Perfect AudiencePaidPerfect Audience is a retargeting platform that allows you to retarget lost customers on Facebook and the web and bring them back to convert
- AdRollPaidAdRoll is a retargeting platform and makes retargeting simple and profitable for brands of all sizes
- ReTargeterPaidOptimize your marketing spend with ReTargeter's full-service display advertising solution, specializing in retargeting and audience targeting
- MozcastMoz tool that shows the turbulence in the Google algorithm
- SERPMetrics FluxSERPmetrics flux reports show search engine volatility over the last day & month. High flux means a high level of change in the SERPs.
- SERPs Volatility IndexInstantly spot days of high Google & Yahoo index volatility
- AlgorooAlgoroo tracks Google algorithm changes by observing turbulence in rankings of thousands of keywords
- Winners & LosersA top 100 list highlighting sites with the biggest gains and losses in organic visibility
- Raven ToolsPaidManage and report all your Internet marketing with one software app. Raven features 30+ online tools for efficient management & comprehensive reporting.
- HubSpotPaidHubSpot is an inbound marketing software platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
- SEO PowerSuitePaidGet all SEO tools in one pack from keyword ranker to site audits
- Advanced Web RankingPaidComplete SEO Software by Advanced Web Ranking. All-in-one SEO solution for website owners and marketing agencies. Available on desktop and web-based platforms.
- Link Research ToolPaidLink Research Tools offers a bunch of SEO tools for SEO professionals
- SearchmetricsPaidSearchmetrics provides an international enterprise SEO platform for search analytics and data in SEO, social media, content marketing
- BrightedgePaidBrightEdge is an Enterprise SEO platform that harnesses the power of analytics on big-data to drive revenue from web sites, search engines and social networks
- ConductorPaidWeb Presence Management including SEO, Content Marketing and Social
- RankTrackrPaidGet the best rank tracking tool for your search engine rankings. Track Google and Youtube results with 100% accuracy
- Authority LabsPaidTrack website rankings in Google, Yahoo!, and Bing daily.
- Moz Rank TrackerPaidRank Tracker from Moz
- SERPs Rank TrackingPaidRank Tracker from SERPs
- SERP BookPaidSerpBook offers whitelabel rank tracking services
- MentionMedia monitoring made easy, create alerts on your name, brand, competitors and be informed in real-time of any mention on the web and social networks
- TalkwalkerPaidTalkwalker is a search & analytics engines for Social Media that offer social media monitoring for your keywords
- Google AlertsGoogle Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your queries
- Moz Fresh Web ExplorerPaidAnalyze mentions of your brand, your competitors, and industry topics
- ElokenzPaidElokenz uses google authorship markup to discover your articles which have been shared most often on social networks
- Brand24PaidKeep track of your brand online
- Google PageSpeedPageSpeed Insights analyzes the content of a web page, then generates suggestions to make that page faster
- PingdomCan be used to analyze the load speed of your website
- GTmetrixGTmetrix analyzes your page's speed performance using Page Speed and YSlow and offers actionable recommendations on how to fix them
- Web Page TestRun a free website speed test from around the globe using real browsers at consumer connection speeds with detailed optimization recommendations
- Load ImpactLoad test your website, web app, mobile app or API instantly with up to 1.2 million concurrent users
- Moz LocalPaidMoz Local ensures your business listings are correct, consistent, and visible across the web
- Organization Schema GeneratorAllows you to mark up the contact information on your site for your business or organization
- Local SEO ChecklistA handy checklist to help you optimize your Local SEO campaigns better
- SynupAdd your business on Synup to see how you appear on listing and review sites
- WhitesparkPaidTools for citation analysis, citation building, citation monitoring, local rank tracking, review management, link building, and conversion tracking
- BrightLocalPaidBrightLocal offer local SEO tools and local search engine marketing services for local businesses
- myPresencesOnline presence and reputation management
- AllTheFreeStockA curated list of free stock images, graphics and videos. Find all the best free stock images and videos in one place.
- Compressor.ioCompressor.io is an online tool for reducing the size of your images whilst maintaining the quality with almost no difference before and after compression
- Kraken.ioOptimize your images with blazing speed using powerful API and online web interface
- FotorOnline photo editing made simple features include photo collage, effects, online filters, frames and more
- CanvaCanva makes design simple for everyone. From blog graphics, presentations, to Facebook covers you can do so much in Canva
- PlaceitPlaceit is a tool that will take a screenshot or URL and place it within a tablet or mobile device, creating beautiful mockup for your maketing needs
- SpruceEasy way to make Twitter ready images
- InBoundOne of the best marketing community for Inbound Marketers
- Reddit - BigSEOSubreddit for SEO related news and discussion
- Reddit - WebMarketingSubreddit for all online marketing related news and discussion
- Reddit - Marketing subreddits
- GrowthHackersA reddit style community for growth hackers and marketers
- Moz Q&AThe place where the Moz community hangs out and answers various SEO related questions
- WebmasterWorldOne of the biggest webmaster forums around
- Black Hat WorldBlackHatWorld is a fully moderated SEO Forum dedicated to all types of Internet Marketing techniques including blackhat ones
- Warrior ForumAn Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace
- G+ - Technical SEOTechnical SEO is a G+ community to discuss the technical issues around SEO
- G+ - SEO QuestionsGet answers to your SEO questions from various SEO experts
- The Short CuttsThe short and sweet version of the answers to Matt Cutts’ videos. If you quickly want an answer to something Matt Cutts has said then this is the best way to get it.
- Google Update Interactive InfographicA nice way to learn about the history of the Google update with an interactive infographic by Visualsoft
- PetitHacksA collection of small hacks for faster growth
- HelpMeBuild.iodiscover tools that can help you build your dream websites, logos, graphics, videos and more, all in one location.
- Brand StyleGuidesHand-picked collection of brand style guide examples, pattern libraries and design manuals for inspiration.
- Beaqn.inOrganized links to the most useful sites on the internet.
- WebDesignRepoA compact list of helpful webdesign links
- Intro LearnThe best resources from across the web, so you can spend time learning instead of searching
- Call To IdeaHandy collection of design inpirations
- Six UXA collection of awesome six second transitions and animations
- Land BookProduct landing pages gallery
- Good UICollection of good UI ideas
- UX Recipea checklist where you discover, choose and estimate your next UX project tools & techniques
- UX ArchiveGet inspired by browsing through some of the best user experiences
- wwwhereA curated list of tools and resources for people who make websites.
Made with in Melbourne